The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Friday, April 18, 2008

About Helena: Current Events in My Life

I haven’t given you guys a personal shot out in awhile; it’s been all business here on the blog. But, I just wanted to let you guys know that I’m doing A-Okay. Just being a little on the lazy side, not really lazy, I’ve been working, just not working hard on BGG stuff (a better word would be distracted). I’ve been playing a lot of Zelda and watching TV on the internet lately. I’m not a gamer, I got my Wii over a year ago and I haven’t beaten any of the games I bought for it or downloaded to it. I love my Wii, it’s so much fun to play (and take to friend’s houses), but I know me and if I get wrapped in a game, I’m going to forget (ignore) about all the other stuff I need or want to do (which is exactly, what happened). Usually I play fighting or racing games, you know ones that you can never really beat the game, you just keep playing the computer or in vs. mode. But, last month Game Stop had a deal that if you trade-in 2 games, (they had to be one of the titles on their list) you can get Mario Smash Brawl (I love anything Mario) for like 9.99, I’m like, that’s like a crazy good deal, and I wanted to get rid of my WarioWares (dumbest game ever); but all the other games on the list, I either didn’t have or didn’t want to part with. The only game I had that I could trade in was the New Zelda, but I hadn’t beaten it yet, in fact I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not (it’s really slow in the beginning and I hadn’t gotten very far). But, then I got the brilliant idea that I would give it another shot and if I liked it I would beat it before the trade-in deal was over.

Well it’s like April and I’m still playing Zelda, it’s like the longest game, I’ve every played. It’s not even that hard to be honest, well fishing is hard and some of puzzles gave me a headache; but beating the bosses and the lesser monsters aren’t that hard. It’s just that it’s a long freaking game I’m only ¾’s of way done and I’ve been playing for about a month. I don’t play, all day everyday; but still I’ve clocked a lot of hours. And, the Mario Brawl deal has been over; but lucky for me Game Stop is having another deal for Mario Kart Wii, my new goal is to beat Zelda by then and get it for 9.99.

I’ve also made a few internet discoveries that have keep my mind off working, one is Netflix’s Instant Watch, I love it, in the beginning I wasn’t too sure about it, I mean it limited your time and it selection was mostly old movies and B and C movies. But, now there are no time limits and they have new movies and TV Shows and a okay selection of anime. I’ve watched the first 2 seasons of Weeds (this show is off the chain), almost everything from the BBC (North and South, The Way We Live, Now, Manchild) I caught up on my Heroes and found very cute direct to video titles. Instant watching rocks. So, now I don’t freak out if I miss a show on TV, I just watch on Netflix or online somewhere.

I’ve also discovered Craigslist.org not that I really discovered it, I’ve known about it for sometime, but I did just discover this section called, “Missed Connections” it’s the cutest, funniest, thing ever! It’s were random people can post or give a shout out to other random people that they have met or seen (a way of putting your feeling out in the universe, if you well). Some of them are so cute, like, “I saw you sitting in the park on Tuesday, you were so cute, but I didn’t have the guts to talk to you.” Really, how cute is that! I have to check it out at least once a week. How fantastic would be, if or when someone actually makes a connection, I mean the odds are stacked against a person, when you consider all the factors; but still, I hope that somehow, someway people make that connection they are hoping for. (I’m a hopeless romantic, I know, sue me.)

Lastly, I’ve been catching up on my reading; I just finished the last installment in my Noble Dead series by the Hendees awesome. I can’t wait for the next one; I keep trying to guess who they will bring back for the next adventure. I hope that Wynn will be back and they will develop her powers, I think if they bring Chane back they will have a chance to make him a good guy (plus, at the end of the last book he picks up something, that makes me thinks he will be back) and I would love to see Osha back as well for 3 reasons, (1) I think he will be a positive connection between the elf world and the human world, (2) I would love to see him develop into a harder stranger character a person scared from the past events and starting to question the people around him and (3) a love triangle between Him, Wynn, and Chane would be awesome. But, it’s all probably just wishful thinking on my part. Fans get a sneak peck on the next book sometime this summer so, I’m going to keep my fingers cross.

I just got the last volume of Hana-Kimi (For You in Full Blossom) series. I started reading it over a year ago, I didn’t know how long a manga series it was until it was too, late. I love the series; I even watched the 12 episode Japanese series they made (online of course). It’s not bad; I think this series, should be made into an American style TV show, something you would see on the CW channel. But, they would have to keep the core story the same, like the turmoil some of the characters face with there sexuality and the fact that the main love interest (Sano) knows Ashiya’s secret for pretty much the whole series, he just never, let her know, he knows (it makes it fun).

Anyways, that pretty much all I’ve been doing for the last few months, once I bet Zelda, I plan to get back to work and not get sucked into another video game for a least a month. (Keep your fingers cross) until, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312