The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Teach Yourself to Build Your Own Website...

Ever wanted to teach yourself how to build your own website, here are some helpful links to free and for profit code, tutorials, software, images, and where to buy…

Good Source tutorials and Code Sites: (I Personally Use w3school.com when teaching)

Free Cool Dynamic Effects Code Site: (I Personally Use this Site When Teaching)
Clip Art and Image Sites Royalty free: (You might have to pay a small fee or give credit)
Great Place for freeware and try-outs software: 
Find the software you're looking for at Download.com, the most comprehensive source for free-to-try software downloads on the Web. Find Software and games for anything. (Not just web design related find software for anything you can think of.) http://download.cnet.com/windows/

I Personally use this site when I need software to help or to easily do most of the work I need done for a project, when I don't know how. This site has been a lifesaver for cool flash effects help (discovered SWiSH here 9 years ago), designing drop-down menus (discovered Sothink DHTML Menu, 8 years ago), when I needed a free easy to use FTP program, cause though I love Dreamweaver connecting to ftp's using the uploading feature doesn't always work (I discovered CoreFTP) and when I needed a list of free or low costing HTML Editors to share with my students and you, I was able to download and test all the software links I listed below, right for download.com

Where to buy the Adobe Software Adobe Dreaweaver
Educational Use – for learning and non-profit project for students and teachers only, discounted pricing:

Adobe.com – store link – educational store: (I Personally Use Dreamweaver and Note Pad)

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-EDU&event=displayEduConditions 

Commercial Use and Free Try-out – for learning and for profit use, no discounts:
Adobe.com – store link:
Any store that sells software

Buying older versions, copies for less, resale sites: (Beware of scams and sellers, buy at your own risk!)
Other Html editors (non-adobe) freeware and commercial:
Microsoft FrontPage 2003 or less - http://amazon.com

Great  Free FTP Programs for uploading your site to your domain: (I Personally Use Coreftp)

Places to upload your site for free:
Your Internet connection provider – always give you free space, so check with them first

Places to buy your own personal domain name and host your site: (I Personally Use MyHosting.com for all clients and my web hosting needs)

Need forms for your site or a order form: (I love this site)

What to be able to expect credit card payments:
http://www.paypal.com
http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate.html

Need your site to have member login:
http://www.interlogy.com/products/pmb/


P.S. These sites will only help you build a website, you still have to design one and most of the above sites don't teach designing, slicing or image editing; you will need a image editor like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator for that, here's of list of free and free-to-try editors.

Image Editors: (I Personally Use Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements)
Check out this older posting for more links and description.




  Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 9 (Win/Mac)  Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 Student & Teacher Edition  Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate


Vector Editors: (I Personally Use Adobe Illustrator for all my website layouts)

Good luck to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312