The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Question: Do Designers Need to Go to Art School?



Okay, so I'm member of the Communication Arts group on LinkedIn and an interesting question came up, "Do designers need to go to art school"? Click here to read the blog posting that started it all. Noah Bradley, www.medium.com or to view the discussion on LinkedIn.

As a designer that went to community college and study art, I'm torn, I have been able to build a pretty good portfolio without going to a 4 year art school, but it's still my dream to go to art school, just so I can get even better and be more well rounded. I'm making a ton of money as a graphic designer, but I know I've had more success than some designers that have gone to a 4 year art school. Had I been able to afford to go to school for longer, I probably would have, do I think I'm at a disadvantage because I didn't, sometimes, but most of the time I don't even think about it, I just like my work speak for itself. So I ask you the same question, “Do Designers Need to Go to Art School?"

Let me know what you think, please comment below. Buddy-Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312