The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

About Helena: Current Events in My Life

In the words of Timberland with the help of the late great Aaliyah, “It’s been a long time, I shouldn’t have left you, left you, without a dope beat to step to” I’m sorry all, it’s been a crazy year and I just haven’t been myself, but I’m hoping to change that, I’m hoping to make amends and catch you all up on what’s been going on with me.
Let’s take it back to May 2009, I was officially laid off from my job at Agent Support, and I started doing the Buddy-Girl Greetings full-time (I even extended the name Buddy-Girl Greetings and Design Services) and it’s been freakin’ hard with all the stuff I have to do, plus, pay all my bills. And on top of that I’m freakin’ lonely and tired of being in my apartment (working from home all day everyday sucks). Anyways, it’s gotten a lot harder to get everything I need get done either because I was too busy or I just didn’t feel like it.
Figuring out how to pay for all the things I usually have to do for the business is the hardest (I miss having a part-time job), I almost didn’t have a Kitsap Calendar for 2009-2010, I almost didn’t do the North Kitsap Holiday Festival and I didn’t make as nearly as much money I did the year before with any of my shows. But the good news is that my design and printing services has pulled in a lot of money, plus I have my teaching at OC. Still it’s all been a shock to my system and I’m still just trying to figure out what I need to do in this recession to make the most money.
Now, it’s winter and you guys know how I get during the winter time, I get in my winter funk and can’t get out of it until like spring. I’m trying to get out of it quicker, but man it’s kicking my butt. Luckily, it’s looks like there might be a break in the fog, as me actually writing a new posting for my blog has to be good sign, right.
I know I’m not going into great detail on everything that has happen in the last almost year, but that’s lot and I’m really just trying to get something down for you and posted. So, I’m going to break it down for you the fastest and simplest I can.
May 2009 – Got laid off
June 2009 – Started Buddy-Girl Greetings and Design Services full time and went on unemployment
July and Aug 2009 – Summer Camp teaching for Olympic College
Sept 2009 – Blackberry Festival (went really bad and I’m not just talking about the weather and I could only afford to print 20 Kitsap Calendars)
Oct 2009 – Nothing much happened mostly in my apartment all day (boring)
Nov 2009 – Holiday Festival and Bazaar (Went okay but not as good as the year before). Met a boy that I really liked but it didn’t work out; saw “New Moon” (will blog all about that later), my friends gave me an early birthday present an all day trip to Seattle and to see The Nutcracker Ballet (so, much fun). My niece Louvenia was born on the 10th (she’s really adorable). I did Thanksgiving at my place for the first time ever. My sister-in-law Crystal passed away and my niece Deja moved to Washington all-the--way from Jacksonville, FL (she’s  7)
Dec 2009 – I started to get depressed, Christmas came and went I spent time with Deja.
Jan 2010 – The New Years came had a great New Year’s Eve got a little more depressed, started to plan my 30th Birthday Party, got into the CVG art show, started to feel a little better, my baby brother Alex turned 17 (still a little shock with that one, I use to change his diapers)
Feb 2010 – Did the Wedding Expo (may have found new niche for BGG), had my 30th birthday it was a lot of fun, decided that I would get back to my roots and start water coloring and get back to blogging and all my other writing.
So yeah, that’s basically everything, again I’m sorry for not being around and I’m going to try my best to get back to what I love doing, I’m hoping it will help me be more productive.
What do you have to look forward to from me, well I’m going to actually write those posting on “Dyslexia”, “Computer Shortcuts 101”, plus look for “Twilight: New Moon”, “TV Show’s I’m Loving Right Now”, “Care Bears and Why I Adore Them”, “Other Stuff I Collect” and of course current events and ongoings with BGG and me, plus, whatever totally random stuff I can think of.
Bye for now, laters…
Oh, if you’re trying to guess where the begining quote comes from,  it’s from “Try Again” by Aaliyah featuring Timberland on the “Romeo Must Die” Soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. I saw some of your work online and I really like your use of colors. I'm a watercolor man myself so I'm intrigued that you referenced getting back to your roots on the use of watercolor. Painting in general really. Are you going to be putting out some new work using that - soon. I can relate to the difficulty of outside pressures affecting your work when you are struggling as it is. I'm presently painting something new weekly that depicts my past week. It's a summary in a single reference or a menagerie if various things to depict what took place in my life that week. I find it soulful and therapeutic. So young lady what would your painting from this past week of your life convey to the world out there

    ReplyDelete

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312