The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Starting a Business - What I've Learned...Part One

When I decided to start my own Greeting Card business 2 years ago, I had only a vague clue on what to do and what not to do. And, for me going slow was probably 1 of the 2 best moves I’ve made the other being, starting small.

Like most people who want to start a business, I had very little business knowledge and even littler start up capital. But, I did have card production skills, some marketing/design skill, research/networking knowledge, a part-time job with flexible hours, and an iron will to make my dream come true.

The first thing I did once I decided to start my own greeting card business was tell everyone I knewn of my plans and get all the feedback I could. I learned that the more people I told about things/ideas concerning Buddy-Girl Greetings the more likely those things/ideas were to happen. People where excite for me and I didn't want to disappoint them, I didn't want to have someone asked me, "what happen to the greeting card business you wanted to start?" and me having to say, "yeah, it didn't happen." I didn't want to have to tell anyone that I failed at my dream. Therefore, I told any and everyone, making failure not an option.
Beside, everyone knows that word-of-mouth is the best FREE advertising you can get and the more you talk about your business to people the more likely someone else is going to talk about your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312