The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Random Thoughts: Summer Movies 2007: Part 2

Okay so, I went to see the new Fantastic 4 movie, I liked it, I know critics hated it, maybe not as much as the first one, but they sure didn’t love it. I don’t get it, critics, seem to judge movies on the same bases that they judge all movies, and personally I don’t think it’s fair. Personally, I judge movies and anything else I input into my brain on a simple scale, which I adjust considering on what it is I’m taking in. Take Fantastic 4 for example, I only watch the first because my bother made me. I’m sure I would of gotten around to it at some point because I’m a huge Jessica Alba fan (I know what you’re thinking, I don’t love her because she’s the best actress ever) she just so freaking hot and I loved that Dark Angel series. Whenever I look at her I just think she just this tiny, cute, glowing, hot chick. She’s really skinny but not in the “she looks like she should eat something” kind of way. She just seems to be a really good person (I don’t know her personally so I can't say for sure). Sure, maybe she shouldn’t be posing in swimsuits all the time or taking photos that show water dripping from her month if she wants to be taken as more than just a sexy hotty. Still, I don’t mind seeing her that way, and maybe someday being a sexpot won’t be interpret as being incapable of being taken serious. For me, I just like most of the movies and shows I’ve seen her in, and you got to rent the “Sleeping Dictionary” her best acting work to date. And I will never forget how the theatre went wild when she came on screen for the first time in “Sin City”. (How cool is that!)

Anyways back to my scale of judging movies, Fantastic 4 the first one, when I watch it I didn’t think much of the movie before hand so my expectations for it wasn’t that high. But, it surprised me, it's a good movie, it had action, I laughed a few times, the story didn’t bore me or seem way off base (considering it was based off a comic book), Jessica Alba looked hot, and the good guys won. What more do you want; was it X-Men, no (but even I had my problems with X-Men as it was more near and dear to my heart). Still, the first F4 was a pretty good way to pass the time not like some other comic book movies that I wished I had never seen, The Punisher, Ghost Rider.

So my judging scale for F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, you can probably guess was simple, some action, a few laughs, a story that didn’t bore me, the good guys winning, and of course Jessica Alba looking hot. Did they deliver? Yep, so if I got what I wanted from the film why wouldn’t I like it? I’m not saying the F4 movies are the best movies out there. But you can tell that the filmmakers for this weren’t trying to make the best ever comic book movie, if they were they would have gave it more depth, more realism, and they would of cut out some the cheesy one liners. Still, in the end F4 give me more of what I wanted than say, Spiderman 3 or Pirates 3, two movies that left me hanging and didn’t fulfill my expectations. I didn’t hate them (I’m still going to buy them to complete the series), I just thought they were trying too hard, and that they could of finished them better, stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312