The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Friday, June 6, 2008

My Newest Obsession: Mad Crazy about Jacob Black!

Okay, I promise this will be my last posting on the “Twilight Series” (well at least the last one until the 4th book comes out in August). I don’t want to give anything away, so if you haven’t read the series and don’t like spoilers don’t read on.

If you look on the internet you’ll find all these Jacob Black haters, and as you know, I’m a Jacob lover since the 1st book before I even knew he had a bigger part in the 2nd book. There was something about how Meyer wrote him. He never annoyed Bella, like so many others did. I loved Bella and Edward together in the first book they were so cute and sweet and romantic how could you not. But after reading the 2nd book, I just fell in love with Jake, and the fact it was so easy for Bella to be around him. She is always so self-conscious with Edward; Jacob was just so likeable and it was cute how Meyer describes him and you can tell that she really likes the character of Jake. He’s just a big loveable, loyal, dog (I know I should say wolf). I've always been a sucker for the underdog (underwolf).

Don’t get me wrong, I understand why people don’t like Jake and get annoyed with him. In New Moon Jacob starts to take the place of Edward whom if you read the first book, you would be crazy, not to adore. And if you’ve read Eclipse than it’s easy to see why people get really annoyed with Jake. But, it wasn’t like he was mean or evil about how he did things, there was always this, ‘I don’t want to, but I have to’ and heartfelt passion to everything he did. Jake loves Bella and vampires are his ‘moral enemies’ and here the love of his life (for all he knows, remember he hasn't imprinted yet) wants to become one. What else could he do? Listen to me, I act of if these are real people, but as a writer myself (albeit, not a very good one), I understand that when you are writing, seeing the whole picture is important, so you can drive your character to the finish line and still show everyone got there.

There is way more to Jacob Black, than just some hyped-up, jealous, kid, who doesn’t know how let go. He knows that if he does let go, Bella can never come back even if she wanted to. Yes, it’s a little selfish, but to be honest so are Bella and Edward and that’s why we love them so much. Beside, I think the real reason people are so annoyed with Jake, is because they like him so much that it hurts to think that he might have chance to break up their favorite couple; that if he does somehow break them up “true love” doesn’t exist. Please! All the passion that Bella and Edward feel is awesome, but sometimes love isn’t just about ‘can’t go a minute with out someone’. Jake is that other type of love that ‘I didn’t realize it’ love that’s soft, but very strong and just as true.

I’ve never been this obsessive about a book before in my lift, although, I’m not as bad as some people, you will never find me dressing up or acting out scene from any of the books and I’m not about to create a website devoted to Twilight, just 2 or 3 postings on my blog (not that anything is wrong with that, super fans are great). Still, I haven’t been able to think or talk anything else, and that’s mainly because, I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen to Jacob Black.

Now, I’m not down on Edward, I like Edward, I loved him in the beginning and I know he only left Bella in New Moon because he was trying to protect her. The only thing, I don’t like about him is how overprotective he is of Bella to the point that he is more like a parent than a boyfriend. But, still Edward is endearing, it’s just that I’m a sucker for the boy next door type guy that comes into your life and just slowly works his way into your life until you can’t help but realize that you are madly in love with him. Jake is that guy that always makes you laugh, even when you want to kill him. If you read Stepheine Meyer’s web site she says, Jacob in New Moon is her gift to the readers, but you have to read the book twice to see that.

In New Moon, Jacob was so sweet and happy, it was fun, some people say he was too happy or he took advantage of Bella, but really. Bella was already miserable and when you’re trying to cheer someone up you kinda have to be happier than normal, it wasn’t like he just this crazy happy person, he was just happy because he was able to help Bella and be with her. And, as for taking advantage of her, months passed before he even came back into the picture and on top of that she sought him out. My heart, went out to him at the end, when she runs off to save Edward, I know she had to go, but still, Jacob was crushed.

In Eclipse, Bella wasn’t really giving Jacob many options. To him breaking up her and Edward, was the same as saving her life. But, at the same time he knew how much Bella loves Edward; he wasn’t trying to discount her love for Edward, just, trying to make her see that she was in love with him too. And, I know how some of you feel that she fell in love with him at the last minute, but really she just realized that she loved him at the last minute, she fell in love him in New Moon.

I love Jacob Black more in Eclipse because he was so real, he wears his heart on his selves, out for everyone to see, his anger, his joy, his pain. I like that about him, he also never gives up; the woman he loves is in love we a someone else, who will someday turn her in to something that he was born to fight and destroy. What kind of person just sits back and lets that happen. Sure some of his tactics were underhanded, but the odds were against him and time was running out. I know that force kiss wasn’t one of his best moves, but it was like in the movies when the guy kisses the girl and she slaps him, because see hasn’t realize she’s in love with him, yet. Besides, right after it’s over he is so funny, even Charlie wasn’t upset with him. I laughed so hard, Jacob, was so much fun to read, I couldn’t wait to see what he would do next. I felt so bad for him by at the end of the story.

Personal, I think Meyer gives Bella and Jacob too much closure at the end of Eclipse, I know the drama between Bella, Edward, and Jacob isn’t over, but I just feel like my Jacob only has a slim chance, now. Still, I will be routing for team Jacob until the end. I just hope she doesn’t use the whole imprinting thing as a quick fix and match Jacob with some random chick, if he doesn’t get Bella he at least needs to get his own love story, not some rushed hookup.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are really into those books. I envy your passion!

    ReplyDelete

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312