The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

About Helena: Current Events in My Life

As many of you maybe able to tell, I haven’t been designing much lately and though it can be said that I’ve just been lazy (I’ve said that myself). But, in all honesty I haven’t been completely lazy, just lazy when it come to designing stuff. As you know I have been reading a lot (see: my 3 previous posting and I’m currently reading “The Devil Wears Prada”). I’ve also been writing and thinking of my own stories a lot lately, I have physically started writing 4 tales including that comic book, idea I talked about before (see: Idea Book posting), another is a stories set in the 50s which I actually started when I was 16, I also have a vampire tale, which believe it or not I started last November, before I even heard of the “Twilight” series, and that last one is a far fetch anime inspired tale of love, angels, demons, and the world in between.

I know what you’re thinking, were did all this writing stuff come from? Well, I’ve always enjoyed writing (who do you think writes all the cute greetings in my cards), but over the years I have been doing more drawing than writing. Plus my bad grammar skills have always been a little off putting. Still, I use to write all the time, I never finished anything, and I have tons of unfinished stories on my files. I think the biggest influence, though was this blog and getting so excite about “Twilight” they reminded me how much fun writing can be.

Will I ever get something publish, who knows. I’m not even sure if I’ll ever finish anything I’m currently working on. But, I have to say it’s been really fun and I currently I can’t stop thinking about stuff to right next. More than likely, the comic book will happen someday, cause the concept for it is more than just a writing project, it has design elements, I’m really excited about trying out. The story itself isn’t holding me back, I’ve already have the whole thing map out from begin to end, I’ve gotten the first act done, I’ve even started to map out the sequel. It’s funding for the overall project that’s keeping me from moving forward with it. As for the rest of my stories, who knows, I may never finish them; the point is that I’m having a lot of fun working on them and that’s the main reason, I haven’t been doing much else, well that and I love Mario Kart Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312