The Buddy-Girl blog is our place to talk graphic design, express our opinions, thoughts, new creations, Buddy-Girl Greetings upcoming events, design tips and any personal or random thoughts that we might have. We would love any and all feedback and comments anybody might have for us and I hope you enjoy reading our blog.
We are located in - Kitsap County, 98312

I will try to update my blog as often as I can. Fair warning, I love to write, but I'm a horrible typer and my grammar skills are even worst (worse). So my apologies way in advance, Sorry! Which is actually a very common trait in most graphic designers and artists.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Got a Bone with MTV: Why Ya, Being UnFair?

MTV Apologizes to GLAAD for Jersey Shore Segment
Tue Nov 2, 4:17 PM PDT - TVGuide.com

MTV has apologized for pairing footage of Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino flirting with someone whom his cast mates called "a tranny" with shots of Ronnie Ortiz-Magro in a dress.
Jersey Shore to return for Season 3 in January During the Jersey Shore reunion special last week, the images of Ronnie in a dress also were accompanied by those of another man wearing a bikini and Halloween mask.
Julissa Bermudez, the reunion special's host, made jokes about Ronnie's outfit and asked The Situation: "Who was that tranny? What was up with that?"

"We appreciate GLAAD voicing concern about the Jersey Shore reunion special," MTV said in a statement. "The segment in question was certainly not meant to be insensitive, but in retrospect we realize that it was offensive to some viewers. We sincerely apologize."
MTV plans to edit the footage out of future airings.
"We appreciate the network taking responsibility for the offensive segment," responded Aaron McQuade, a GLAAD official.

MTV pulls punch clip from next episode of Jersey Shore
This isn't the first time the series has been edited for content. After a preview clip of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi being punched in the face went viral, MTV decided to pull the attack from the next episode because it failed to offer the full context to how severe the assault was.

My Comments:

Let me get this straight, MTV will apologize to GLADD for a remark directed at making fun of someone whose Halloween Costume had him dressed in drag and someone jokingly calling someone a “Tranny”, which obvious wasn't meant to be offenses just a bad pun. It's not, that I can't see how  GLADD was offended by the comment, as he could have said, “Who’s the guy in drag” or just asked "What's going on there"). But, that’s besides the point, my mine problem is with the fact that MTV is saying “sorry” and censoring the scene, for GLADD, but totally disregard the fact the Jersey Shores as a whole is one the most offense shows on TV (And I don’t mean cause it’s racist or sexist, I mean “offense” because they cast a generation and America as a whole in a bad light, people all over the world thinks that’s how everyone in Jersey acts and the fact that what's popular on TV can say a lot about the people living in a country) and when the New Jersey community protested and said the show makes fun of them and they found it to be offense as a whole, MTV did nothing to censor the show, for them.  How is that fair or right, if MTV is going to recognize one’s groups grievous about a show, MTV should, for all groups. MTV is playing favorites and that’s wrong.

Now, I'm not saying the show should be canceled or heavily edited the show, but if MTV is going to respect one group's feelings they should respect every group’s feeling equally. I don't watch the show because I find it and show like it negate stupidity and that it's okay to act ignorant, selfish, and do outlandish things just because you can. Jersey Shores and shows like it don't do anything but suck people in and make them dumber. Again, I don't care for the show, but I'm not going to say it should be taken off the air. I'm just saying that MTV is wrong in censoring the show for one set of people and not for the other sets that also complain about the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Request...

Please let me know, when you find spelling or other grammar errors on my blog, so I may fix them right away. Thanks. Helena
Buddy-Girl Greetings is a proud member of Kitsap's Best and WA CASH

We are located in Bremerton, WA - Kitsap County, 98312